I feel like this is relevant

Elise, soon you're 19. You got to be able to make some good decisions for yourself. 

What an invalid argument, I catch myself thinking. A lot of people are way older then I am, an still they haven't learned to make the best decisions for their well being. 
My day do goes by with me thinking a lot about myself, but lets face it; I'm 18, so according to the handbook, I'm allowed.  We are in some ways a very selfish generation and we need to be. We need to stand up for ourselfs, and find our ways to feel out bests. But I think that in despite of all the selfies and Instagram posts, we need to find our balance between values and something thats heading in the direction of narcissistic thinking. It's not really important how many followers you've got, sure it's exciting, but it does not extend your life quality or add any good traits to you as a person. Your values will give you your outlook on life. And it's not a final answer to this. Values are different from each and every one of us. Lately I've been finding myself slipping more and more away from the materialistic way of thinking, the awkwardness some people see in others and I've finally understood that not all people are great. And that's fine. I guess. I just have to find my peace with it, but sometimes it's easier said than done. I don't want to waste my time on jalousy and anger. I really don't.

I live in a world where you should drink green juices every day, buy purses to 11. 000 kr, talk the most, be rebellious (but for gods sake, don't get caught so I'll get any consequences), feel good, BE good, SHOW them that you're the best, drive, swim, read, write, paint, work out, do homework, party (but please, you still have to be able to work properly the next day), go to bed by 10 and get A's in all your subjects. You're supposed to do it all, see it all, be it all. I see our generation as paper dolls, getting cut out of paper, shaping us so we can fit in everywhere. We are on the invisible train of life going in an incredible high speed. I sometimes feel like I'm about to fall of this train, not in the dying kinda way, but just falling behind. I'm clinging on to that train with one hand, being thrown around and shaken like a boiled noodle when the train hits a swing.

Pictures from the movie Ginger and Rosa (2012)

Wow this took me a long time to post. Don't even know if I like it that much. Well, well.

Talk soon.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg