London BABY!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in forever! But I'm back with an update (yay!!!)

So about a week ago, my whole class went on trip to London, and it was amazingly fun. London is insane, and I mean that in a good way. It inspired me a lot, just looking at the people sitting on on subway or walking the streets. My favorite part of the city we went to was Brick Lane, because of all the cool street art. Also it's a really "hip" area so it was lots and lots of vintage shops. I got a yellow coat and some 501 Levis jeans which were cut a little shorter on the legs. Let's just say I was happy to buy some jeans that actually fitted me. And let's just say that I've "grown" out of all my other pants.




Leaving Oslo on Sunday we were surrounded by a good atmosphere and even though I got picked out to do a full body check at the airport, I was very comfortable and calm when getting on the plane (weird, I'm usually very tense while flying) and I managed to fall asleep. When we got to London, we were all starving so we went to Marks and Spencer grocery store to get something to eat, and it made me very excited because hello Marks and Spencer and British grocery stores??!!?! I'm such a sucker for grocery stores. It's a weird quirk. After this and some waiting a bus picked us up, and we headed to Victoria and Albert museum, to pick up a guide that were going to tell us all about the places we drove past. He knew so much, and he could basically tell us about everything about the history of London in detail. I don't know what it is with the British, but the second they open their mouth and starts talking, I fall in love with them 10% (I could listen to them talk forever, it's so pretty).


We were very excited about seeing Tower Bridge, as you may tell.




We found the best café with lots of organic food

The following days we got to see three musicals (!!!); Miss Saigon, Billy Elliot and The Book of Mormon. They were all so incredible and so different from each other! Miss saigon was very tragic and an obvious choice if you want to see a musical that's all about the singing. The most impressive part, however, was then they brought a full on helicopter on stage.
When we saw Billy Elliot I was crying a lot (partly because of the story, partly because the were SO GOOD!!!). I think I've never seen a musical that's inspired me that much. I got very happy and euphoric and bought a mug as a souvenir during the break. I love the whole story and the time it is set in. The scenery was amazing. Everything was unbelievably good.
The Book of Mormon is something to itself. It was hilarious, and I sat in shock the the whole of first act, because it was not what I´d expected at all. What made it so funny was that the musical numbers just kept going and going and they got more and more outrageous and the setting was so well thought out. I wish I could go one more time! The songs have been on repeat since I got home.

We also got to go to Shakespeare Globe Theatre and do a workshop, which was lots of fun. It was a bit challenging since we were doing the workshop in English (obviously), and I'm not used to working in that language, but it went fine! We got handed a scene from Macbeth and we worked in pairs, trying out different ways to say the lines.


Solveig and I found THE Joey hat (from Friends) and got very excited. London BABY!

A bathroom with some interesting art

When I got home a late November evening, I was thrilled. It felt wonderful to be home again, especially when I hadn't been home since the beginning of October. I stayed from Friday to Monday, and Sunday evening  I dyed my hair pink!!! A little ombré-ish. And it actually got really pink, like way more pink than I've thought it out to be. Well, well I like it. We'll see how long it stays for.


(ok, I'm so sorry about this picture, it's just that I'm very proud of it because I've actually been making it in photoshop!!! And no one here at school seems to get as excited as I am about that... so...)

I don't know if anyone stayed to read it all of this, but if you did I would just like to say: Thank you, you're awesome and I appreciate you very much!

I'll try to update more often.
Love xx 
   


Kommentarer

  1. De har Marks and Spencer groceries i Oslo nå også!! I kjelleren på Steen og Strøm :))

    SvarSlett

Legg inn en kommentar

Populære innlegg