Dorm life

I am on my way to run to dinner. It's a gray day. Fall is really catching up, running and running and catching summer from behind, strangling it slowly. I think fall is beautiful. The dramatic changes of the colures and the crisp air you breath in every morning when you step outside. I love how you can put on a big sweater and look like a cuddly teddy bear. 

I've moved. I don't think anyone us able to say those words with as much pride as a person who moves out of their home for the first time and is under 20. I don't live in little Oslo anymore. I live in a even smaller place called Hønefoss. I'll be staying here until May, taking classes with musical theatre which is my main subject. It's like a gap year with school, only you don't get graded. So far it just feels like a very long camp. I like staying here. It's calm. Most people are lovely, smiling and talking if you meet each other in the hallway or in the shared bathroom.
Outside our window it's a little football field, and some trees. One of the guys put up a line between two of them so anyone who wants can search for their inner child and practice their balance.

The rain is making my hair do a gentle dance on my head. Making it fuzz and go directions I'd rather not have it. To stay awake until evening I need to drink two cups og coffee and surround myself with people who make me smile. I smile a lot here. We found a room full of duvets and pillows, the first time I tried that door it  was locked, but as soon as we found out it was open, it became our little secret room to go and have conversation about the daily life. My friends and I. When there's a lot of new happenings, there's a lot to figure out. 


Here I am in Siris room, witch she's decorated very nicely. She shares a room with a girl named Marte who is lovely. My roomie is awesome too. Her name is Isabel and we get along very nicely, helping each other get out of bed in the morning and complaining about how tired we feel. Also, we both love Friends.

As I'm finishing this post (I started it a couple of days ago), I 'm home again in my own bed in Oslo. It's been two weeks since I've been home and it feels weird being back. Like I don't really live here anymore. But at the same time I do. It's very odd. But it feels good being able to relax a little, and to catch up on my sleeping. I'm also looking forward to seeing my old friends again this weekend, and go shopping at flea markeds.

Love, Elise xx  

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg