Summer spirit

I think the time when I feel most lovable towards myself is when I've gone for a run, taken a shower  and is applying coconut body lotion all over my body, leaving no part behind. It makes me feel so delicate, so clean. 


When you get back to the same house you've stayed in every summer your whole life you know how to lay your feet on the table and relax. Here you don't really have to think about for a second how you look or if things match. For me, I do think about this a little anyways (not much) but it's just a satisfying experience to feel like you've put together something, even without much effort. But to be honest, I just wear sweat pants most of the tome I'm there.

Every summer at this house is a little different, but it still manages to somehow stay the same. The same people are coming to visit me and my mom or the same people are being brought together once again by simply being neighbors. I feel so content being alive at this place. It's so peaceful. This year the weather has not been acting it´s best, but I've had a few of my friends visiting me (the same ones I was traveling to Barca with) so that helped a little. And going for a short swim in salt water while it's raining is never wrong either. 
















A very nice dinner with lovely neighbors and friends :-)


This year I went into the closest city called Tønsberg, to attend a festival. It was much fun, even though Siri and I going together. We stayed for four nights and the day we arrived (in good hope and spirit that the sun would show up) we found a place for our tent, and while we were putting it up it started to pour down. We probably looked like two confused chickens in our yellow raincoats, trying not to drown. Of course, when we'd finally got it all together, it stopped raining. 

Here's Siri, looking like a cute chicken before starting setting up our tent.

The following days we spent jumping up and down to good music, feeling it in our whole body and soul, sleeping on mattresses that we'd managed to blow up without a pump. How we actually did that at three in the morning, I still can't figure out, but I guess it had something to with the alcohol circling our blood.
We worked as volunteers on of the days, and that actually turned out to be great fun! I talked to so many people, and it was nice being able to boss them around a little as well. I enjoyed that. Haha. Not that I was being strict at all, I was apparently the nicest guard ever, according to a drunk guy I let out to pee in a place he wasn't supposed to. He felt so strongly about it that he had to kiss me on the cheek. Twice. Haha.              
The festival is one of my favorite memories from this summer. I will definitely be going back there next year.


Circa Waves



What are we.


Love, Elise xx


Kommentarer

Populære innlegg